Friday, June 13, 2008

Fabulous Favorite Friday

Digg!
Happy Friday everyone. Today's post is going to be short and sweet. My little guy is down for a nap and this tired momma needs to rest. We've already been out for a haircut for him this morning and we had to run errands. The heat wave is back and so it has worn me out. I need to get some rest while my little guy is down. Some days naps are short and some are long.

A quick plug - starting tomorrow on the 2 Peas in a Bucket website in the Stamping forum, they are having World Stamping Week. Be sure to check out all the fun challenges. Even if you don't know anything about stamping, you can join in and folks are really nice about giving you tips. You could even think about starting Christmas cards now or making up some birthday cards. Michael's has had stamps for $1, so you can cheaply start this type of paper crafting. Check out the banner at the top of their home page. http://www.twopeasinabucket.com



Today's Fabulous Favorite Friday pick is Jello. There is nothing more American than good old jello. And, I love making it up when it is hot outside. There are some really cool flavors out for this summer. I made pina cola. I haven't tried this kind before, but I love that flavor so I'm sure it will be good. They also have strawberry daiquiri which I bought, but haven't made yet.
When I was little my grandmother (who I called gang gang) used to make jello and add fruit to it. I never seem to remember to add fruit to my jello, but I do like it that way. It is a great treat, especially when it is so hot. They have a great looking recipe on their website for a red white and blue dessert using jello. With the 4th of July coming up, it would be a cute dessert for your family gatherings.
Well, I'm off to get some rest. Have a great weekend and I'll check back next week.

No comments:

Blog Archive