Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Clearly Fresh Bags

Digg!
With summer here, it is a great time to take advantage of fresh produce. I love having fresh veggies and fruits, but what I hate is buying them and they go bad quickly.  Sometimes we have the best of intentions to eat things up, but then something comes up and all of a sudden the produce is bad.  And I am someone who doesn't like to waste food.

I was recently approached by the folks at Clearly Fresh Bags and asked if I would test their bags.  I said yes, I was definitely interested. Well over the last two weeks I've done just that.  I bought a number of different items at the store and was pleasantly surprised at how well the bags worked.  I was sent a package that contained 10 gallon size bags. This is what they offer on their website.

One of our problems is bananas going brown quickly.  My kids are hit or miss when it comes to eating them, so I was happy that these bags helped keep the bananas from going brown quickly.  I was able to buy bananas on Monday and keep them in the bag and some of them didn't get eaten until Thursday.  None of them had turned brown. 

I also tested the bags on a bunch of asparagus.  I was able to put them in and not use the asparagus for about 5 days.  The asparagus tasted great and wasn't mushy on the ends which is what has happened in the past if I haven't cooked it within a day of buying the bunch.

Here is a link to the Clearly Fresh Bags website.  You can order bags directly from them.  Considering how much you can save on produce, I think the bags are reasonably priced.

For those of you who are concerned about recycling, the Clearly Fresh website says the bags are recyclable and gives instructions on the proper way to recycle the bags.

I'd love to hear if you give these bags a try. Or have you already known about them and used them? Be sure to let me know either way. I'd love to hear about your experiences.

Here is a picture of one of my bags.  It has also been great for tomatoes.

No comments:

Blog Archive