Thursday, November 17, 2011

KRE-O for Christmas and keeping spirits bright

Digg!
I know that Thanksgiving is next week, but my mind is already on Christmas.  I have already started my Christmas shopping, as well as looking at Christmas decorations. It is such a beautiful and magical time of the year that I can't help but get excited about all the possibilities.

Hasbro and SocialMoms approached me to blog about the great new line of  KRE-O Transformers toys Hasbro has out.  Transformers: Dark of the Moon was the third Transformers movie to come out and it was a big hit this past summer.  So Transformers are hot with little kids and big kids (aka hubbys, brothers, etc. LOL).  If you have a husband who is a big kid like mine, he still likes to get toys for Christmas.  And with having two boys, he is in heaven when we start looking at Christmas presents.  We both have been amazed and delighted to see toys like Transformers come back in popularity since they were around when we were kids.  It is nice to share with our kids some of the things we enjoyed as kids.

The KRE-O Transformer sets are for kids ages 6 and up. They range in price from $7.99-$59.99 and have beginner builders to deluxe sets for pros.  They allow kids to construct one of two models: a Transformers character into a robot or into vehicle mode which offers two different builds in one. Most sets come with a unique KREON figure that adds another level of play to the sets.  I think that sounds like a great way to encourage imaginative play.

KREO bricks are compatible with other leading brick based sets on the market so families don’t have to invest in a new brick system or worry about mixing up bricks and blocks!  I really like this feature.  And I'm sure the kids will as well.  I love the versatility they provide. Connecting different sets together could provide for some really unique Transformers!



Here is a picture of the OPTIMUS Prime KRE-O set.  Can you imagine the squeal of delight when your child comes down on Christmas morning and see's this guy peeking out of his stocking? 

And speaking of squeals of delight, I wanted to share some things that our family does every year to brighten the holidays and spread Christmas cheer.  As I mentioned in a previous post, we participate in putting together shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child.  We also do Elfing in our neighborhood.  This is where you put together a goody bag of things and leave a sign and instructions on your neighbor's porch.  It is a lot of fun.  I usually start Elfing on December 1st so it has a chance to reach as many people as it can by Christmas.  It is a lot of fun to pick out goodies for my neighbors.  I usually find things the whole family can enjoy like some great treats, or fun little game the kids will enjoy. 

The final thing I wanted to share that my family will do to brighten the holidays is go look at Christmas lights.  And when I say go look at lights, we will probably go no less than ten times during the month of December.  We LOVE Christmas lights.  And now our boys are old enough to enjoy the magic and wonder and we can't wait to share it with them.  We of course have a large Christmas lights display in our own yard which I'll be sharing with you in the coming weeks. I hope to video it this year.

So what do you do to brighten the holidays? Have you started your Christmas shopping? 

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Hasbro blogging program, for 8,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points and a KRE-O gift. The opinions expressed in this post are mine and don’t necessarily reflect the opinions of SocialMoms or Hasbro. For more information on how you can participate click here."

No comments:

Blog Archive