Thursday, December 22, 2011

God's Christmas Promise Book Review

Digg!

A few weeks ago the folks at DaySpring sent me a copy of  God's Christmas Promise which is a recordable story book that features the Christmas story.  We have been using this book to read the Christmas story at night.  I've been using it specifically with my oldest son and we have thoroughly enjoyed the book.

As I mentioned, you can record your own voice on each of the pages. The book comes preloaded with a narrator's voice.  We have been using that voice to read the story because I have been so swamped, I haven't had a chance to record my own voice reading the story.  I have read the directions on recording my voice and they are very straight forward, so I don't think that will be hard to do at all. My biggest issue is having a quiet minute to do the recording.  We have been on the go so much, even in the evenings.

I found the book to be a great, new way to have story time at night.  And I love it that after the holiday rush, I can sit down and record my voice so that in the future my kids can flip through the book and hear my voice reading the story.

The first night we read the book, my son Sawyer was tired.  But as soon as I opened the book and the narrator's voice started telling the story, he perked right up.  The book is well made and is made of a thick material, but is still light weight enough for a child to flip through the pages.  I also like the illustrations in the book. 

I would recommend this book and if you are still doing some Christmas shopping, I'd check it out and consider picking one up for yourself and/or as a gift. 

Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

No comments:

Blog Archive