Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Two Tip Tuesday

Digg!
Tuesday shmooz day. Another Tuesday. Now that August is here the summer will fly by quickly. In about two weeks I'll get that anxious feeling I do every year knowing summer will be over. Summer is my favorite season and I hate to see it come to an end.


A lot of folks I know are headed to the beach this month to get in their vacation plans before kids go back to school. We are also doing that. I love going to the beach. If money were no object, I'd own a beach house and stay at it all summer. There is something relaxing about the sound of the waves, the smell of the sea and some sand between my toes.


Tip#1

For today's Two Tip Tuesday, I thought I'd pass on two tips for traveling to the beach with infants. I learned the first summer we had Sawyer that when you have a little one who is sitting up, but not walking yet you need a way to keep them entertained and cool at the beach. Getting a small inflatable swimming pool is a great solution.


I got this pool back around Easter and it went in Logan's Easter basket. It is a Fisher Price and was $5 at Wal Mart. The thing I love about this is it is the perfect size for traveling and you won't pass out trying to blow it up. In the future if you know anyone having a baby and they'd be at the age where they are sitting up during the summer, file this away as a baby gift idea. I had mentioned this to my neighbor and she did this on her vacation last month and said it worked wonderfully.


This picture of Logan in his pool was taken on a quick beach trip we did at the end of June with some good friends. As you can see, he was very happy to be splashing away. I didn't have to worry about the waves knocking him over. And if the ocean is really cold, putting a small amount in the pool will allow it to warm up quicker so your little one isn't freezing. Of course my little fearless guy doesn't care if the water is warm or cold. He is ready to splash.



Tip#2
My second tip is to get a beach cabana/beach shade if you don't own one. I thought I had a picture of us in ours, but I couldn't find it so I pulled this one off the Internet. My parents gave one to us for Christmas and that first year we had Sawyer at the beach it was perfect for us. The one we have is so big that I was able to fit in it as well as dh, Sawyer, and our Boston Terrier. And we were all comfortable. It was wonderful to have a way to get ourselves out of the sun and let the baby take a nap without having to leave the beach right away. And it is very easy to put together. It pops open just like a pop up camping tent. Since it has the flexibility of a pop up, it folds down into a box that doesn't take up a lot of space which is nice.



So those are my beach recommendations for you this Tuesday. Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods. Oh, and don't forget the sunscreen!

No comments: