Friday, April 1, 2011

You're Engaged! No foolin.

Digg!
Today is a very special day to me.  11 years ago today, dh proposed to me.  I'll never forget that day.  It was a beautiful day, the temps were getting close to 70 degrees and lots of sunshine.   A farmer's market had opened and I wanted to go. So dh drove, but he decided to take a detour to the state capitol.

The capitol is on the way to the farmer's market, so I thought nothing of it.  He suggested we take a walk. I should back up and say that at the time, we both worked for different state government agencies that were in that area. So, to me would could be taking a walk through the farmer's market and come back to the capitol any time, but I thought I'd humor him.

We came to the large set of steps that goes up the side of the building and walked up.  There was a family up there.  There were hanging around and I noticed dh seemed very annoyed they were there.  Finally they went inside and we were alone.  All of a sudden he drops down on one knee and proposes.  I was floored.  I knew he would propose at some point, but I had no clue it would be at that point.

So the rest of the day was spent going to visit my family and his family.  No farmer's market that day. LOL

I guess you could say he was a fool in love.  One thing about getting proposed on for April Fools Day is you never forget the date.

I hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great story! I'm a sucker for romance.