Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Deceptively Delicious Recipe Review #8

Digg!

Deceptively Delicious Recipe Review #8 Chicken Nuggets

Hey everybody! I'm excited to post another video blog review. This time I did the chicken nuggets. I was a tad stressed making this because our Chief Taste Tester was hungry and I was running behind on dinner. I was editing this video late last night, so I hope you enjoy.

I love the idea of homemade chicken nuggets, so I was anxious to try this recipe. Knowing that Sawyer isn't eating processed chicken and that I can control what is in his nuggets is important to me. I also found the ingredients for this recipe intriguing.

I used the thin cut boneless chicken breasts from Perdue to make my nuggets. They cook quickly and it is easy to cut them into bite size pieces. The recipe calls for using onion powder (which I didn't have) and also using your choice of either a cup of pureed broccoli,spinach,sweet potato, or beet puree. I didn't mess with the veggies in the batter because I was already giving our Chief Taste Tester steamed carrots. Steamed carrots, by the way, have been an awesome discovery of a soft food that is great that a one year old can feed himself. I'm all about trying to let him feed himself as much as possible.

As I mention in the video, this recipe uses flax seed in it. That is why the nuggets have a dark color to them. I have to admit that I didn't measure the breading ingredients, I just eye balled them. Also, I used Canola oil to fry up the nuggets. I use Canola oil for all of my cooking.

And now two special announcements!

Now, to digress for a moment, I wanted to announce that beginning tomorrow, Friday's are going to be a great day to check my blog. I will be having Fabulous Favorite Friday's. What is Fabulous Favorite Friday's? Well, I love finding out about great products and useful things from my girl friends. I've had a couple of things recently that I've discovered and thought I should share. So, tomorrow I'll be featuring a something that I've found that I think is just fabulous. Be sure to tune in.


ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
Also, be sure to check out the poll I've got up on the upper right hand side. It will expire on Sunday, so be sure to vote. I'll probably come up with another poll soon so be sure to check out the blog for more polls. In this season of primaries and voting, exercise your mouse and vote in this poll. Let your voice be heard!

And now the video review...





And the rating for this one is...


I know, another 5 Cheerio rating. The reason I gave the rating is these nuggets really have a great flavor. They fried up easy. Easy to make and great taste rate 5 Cheerios in my book.

p.s. Sawyer looked like he was going to spit out the chicken, but he ate it all up. As you can see from the video, he is a little piglet and tries to shovel too much in at once.

Be sure to come back tomorrow for Fabulous Favorite Friday!

No comments:

Blog Archive