Friday, June 27, 2008

Fabulous Favorite Friday

Digg!

Happy Friday everyone! Well, summer is in full swing here including the hot, hot temperatures. A week from tomorrow will be our little Sawyer's birthday. It is so hard to believe he will be two. With him coming 3 months early and only weighing 1 pound 12 ounces, we didn't know if we would even make it to a week, let alone to a two year birthday. I count my blessings every day that I have been given such a sweet, special little boy.

We are having a family birthday for him. Even though we probably didn't have to do a theme, I wanted to still make it fun and kiddie so we are doing a Curious George theme. I'll have to fill y'all in on the different things I'm planning. I've found some great ideas on the Internet. I call him my little monkey, so this is quite appropriate.


And now for my Fabulous Favorite Friday pick..


Today's pick is the sugar scrub sold by Bath & Body works. With summer here and folks heading to the beach and the pool, it is hard to keep your skin moisturized. They sell this scrub in a number of different scents. I have purchased just the plain lavendar, and that is nice if you take a shower before bed. The great thing about this is that you only need to use a little bit. It goes a long way. A word of caution, if you use it in the shower be careful because the oil will make the shower floor slippery and I'd hate for you to fall in the shower.
I have to admit the first time I tried a sugar scrub was when my sister had an Arbonne party. I believe they charged $25 for a container. Then I discovered Bath & Body works sold it and it was considerably cheaper and to me the containers look like they are about the same size, so size isn't a factor. I also liked it that they sell a wider range of scents than Arbonne. Sorry, but I'm not an Arbonne fan and the B&B Works product works just as well and is a better price. When I checked the price on line this morning, B&B Works sells this for $16. With rising gas prices and everything else going up, I'm all for using stuff that gives me a lot of bang for my buck. And, this scrub fits the bill.

Next week...
I am so excited that next week is the 4th of July that I wanted to do something to celebrate. Since so many folks will be cooking and taking things to picinics, I decided to ask some friends to send me their favorite recipes. So all next week I'll be featuring a different guest recipe. So be sure to check back every day. Yes, we will make it a whole week where we will have posts here. The blog will be rockin! So be sure to stop on by. And, if you decide to make any of these recipes I'd love to hear back from you.
p.s. I don't know if any of you saw my Twitter post, but they are now selling Goldfish in red, white and blue. They look so cute in a bowl and what kid doesn't love Goldfish?
Have a great weekend. Chic Crafty Chic has left the building.

No comments:

Blog Archive