Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bunco

Digg!
Bunco. Have you ever played? Have you ever heard of it? It is a dice game that is really easy. I've been playing in a group for almost nine years and I love it. We play one night a month and we all take a turn rotating who hosts. It is a great way to get together with neighbors and friends and to have some me time once a month. We have prizes and a lot of times folks like to use a theme. Last night we played and the girl who hosted had a St. Patrick's Day theme. Last month it was Valentine's. You get the idea.

We start at seven and have appetizers and then we have a break around 8:30 where we have a dessert. We usually wrap up around 9:30 and hand out prizes. We have about five prizes. We have the person who has most Buncos, most wins, a fifty-fifty prize, most losses, and everyone who didn't win gets their name put into a hat and one of them is a winner. We all have such a fun time and enjoy the food and fellowship.

I'm so glad that I've had my Bunco group for all these years. It helped me make new friends when I moved into this area and to meet and stay in touch with my neighbors. We've celebrated the birth of babies and kids graduating high school and going off to college. The great thing about our group is that all of the ladies are different ages and at different stages of their lives, but we all come together and find things to talk about and enjoy each others company.

If you don't have a Bunco group, I'd encourage you to start one with your friends and or neighbors. A lot of groups start with twelve people, but our group started with nine and one of us would take a turn sitting out a round which was nice for potty breaks. You can do what works for you. We got up to twelve people, but our group is back down to around nine now.

If you have any questions about Bunco, please feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email. I'd be happy to help answer any questions.

Don't forget to check out my giveaway page for my current giveaway!

Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

No comments:

Blog Archive