Monday, May 24, 2010

Lost & Celebrity Apprentice

Digg!
So last night dh and I stayed up way too late watching the LOST finale. I'm not someone who gets overly emotional about tv shows and I don't cry at Hallmark commercials, but the finale of LOST made me cry. And I hope I'm not the only one, but I'm still scratching my head and wondering what the heck happened. I'm not going to put any details in my post because I don't want to spoil it in case someone hasn't seen it yet. I think that because I just went with the flow and I didn't overly analyze how the show was going to end, I was able to enjoy it. I think that for folks who really got into it and tried to have it all figured out, they may have been let down.

But, I'm sad that the show has come to an end. It is hard to believe it has been on the air for 6 years. And this show will always hold a special place in my heart because that is where we came up with the name for our oldest son, Sawyer. When we were thinking of baby names and I wanted a unique boy name, that name jumped out at me.

So fair well LOST castaways. I'll miss you.

Now for the Celebrity Apprentice. Donald Trump, I fired you last night and watched LOST live. You got the dvr buddy. Dh and I could not believe they were stupid enough to put the finale of Celebrity Apprentice on against LOST. Why they couldn't wait one more week is beyond me. And, it probably would have been better for poor Bret Michaels if they had waited with everything he has been going through.

This was a season that I liked both of the finalists and would have been happy to see either of them win. I've seen Holly Robinson Peete on a number of interviews prior to her doing this show and I know that she is not as tough as they edited her to be. Of course I don't know her in real life, but in the interviews I've seen with her she seems like a really sweet person.

SPOILER AFTER THIS

I have to admit that the Celebrity Apprentice was a bit of a bust. I think when you get down to it Holly deserved to win, but Donald Trump wasn't going to go that way because he didn't want to take a chance to turn into the most hated man in America because he didn't hire a guy who has been fighting for his life. But I think it is great that both of their very worth while charities are getting a lot of money. And as someone who has already had gestational diabetes, as well as having family members with this disease, I'm glad that the American Diabetes Association has a great spokesperson with Brett Michaels. I hope that he will be able to use this platform to do a lot of good for a lot of people.

I have to admit that after watching LOST and then stressing about some things coming up this week, I feel kind of down today. But hopefully as the day goes on I'll shake this funk. The weather here is overcast, so I hope the sun comes out. That always helps.

So, I hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods.

No comments: