Friday, May 28, 2010

Taboule

Digg!



Oh my gosh, where has this Friday gone? I had hoped to post much earlier in the day, but stuff came up. Like having to pick my little guy up early from preschool and then to top it off, dh killed a snake in the front yard. Y'all, the one thing that scares the heck out of me is a snake. I don't like spiders and rodents, but I can tolerate them a lot better than a snake. So, I thought I'd hyperventilate when dh showed it to me. I have been so afraid the kids the would find one. Knock on wood there aren't anymore.

I wanted to share today one of my favorite dishes that I make that is super easy. And with Memorial Day weekend here and many folks going to cook outs, this is something you can make to take that won't take a lot of time or fuss.

Taboule is an interesting dish. It is made out of bulgar wheat. I know bulgar wheat doesn't make you want to shout "yum", but it really is good. This is a dish that is great if you make it hours ahead, even the night before so it can marinate and cool in the fridge. With the weather getting hot it is a wonderful side dish when you are looking for something easy. It is great with grilled chicken, or it would a great side dish with a burger.

I buy mine at Wal Mart. It is near the couscous and I believe the rice. You'll need lemon juice, oil and fresh tomatoes, as well as the package of Taboule to make it. As you can see from the picture above, it really makes a pretty dish with the herbs and the tomatoes.
Let me know if you give Taboule a try. Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

Paula@SweetPea said...

I love Taboule! I haven't made it in a long time. This time of year is perfect for it.

Sorry about the snake. I hope it was a harmless black snake and not a Copperhead.