Monday, May 10, 2010

Take that!

Digg!
Today I wanted to share a heart warming story of shopping triumph. One mother's small victory to try and dress stylish without breaking the bank.

Our story begins in Nags Head, North Carolina where my family likes to vacation. Besides the obvious reason of loving to go on vacation to enjoy the sand and surf, one of my other favorite things I look forward to is going to the outlet. I specifically love to shop at the Gap Outlet store. I have had a lot of luck finding great little gems there and their sale prices are great.

Last summer little Logan was eight months old when we went on vacation, so I was still wheeling him around in a big old stroller. As many of you know, shopping is a challenge whenever you have little people involved.

For months I had been in search of a thick, woven belt that everyone seemed to be wearing. I had seen one at Ann Taylor, but couldn't bring myself to pay the $30 price tag. As I'd go out shopping I'd keep my eyes open for one.

As I mentioned before, I decided to roll on into the Gap Outlet store with my big stroller to see what I could find. I was excited to see they had a huge sale section and immediately wheeled the stroller over to see what I could find. I was trying to look through everything when this pack of girls came in and rudely butted in my way. All of a sudden one of the girls pulled out a woven wide belt just like I wanted. They all admired the belt. I quickly got in the fray and searched for another one in vain. I thought I would throw up and cry at the same time. I was so close and yet to only have it snatched away seconds before I could get my hands on it. I was stunned.

Now anyone else would have just thrown up or cried, or both, but not this gal. I quickly grabbed this sweet guy who worked at the store and pointed to the belt they were holding and asked him if they had anymore in the back. He was so sweet and said he would check for me.

He was gone for a good ten minutes, but emerged from the back with a wide woven belt. It was different from what the girls had grabbed, actually better and when I saw the price I thought I would dance a jig right there, only 7 bucks! Woo hoo!

The girls saw him bring out the belt and some of them rushed the guy to ask if there were more in the back. As I pushed my stroller up to the register in my triumph, I heard him tell him there were no more. That's right, "Take that!" mean girls. As the soup Nazi from Seinfeld would say, "No belt for you!" LOL

Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Gap Outlet blogging program to be eligible to get a $20 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, follow this link. http://www.twittermoms.com/forum/topics/exclusive-twittermoms-discount.”

Gap Twitter Discount




Exclusive Gap Outlet and Banana Republic Factory Store Savings

No comments: