Monday, October 18, 2010

Halloween Decorations

Digg!
Today I thought I'd share pictures of my Halloween/Fall decorations. The lighted vine I have around my door I got at Garden Ridge a few years ago.

This is my scarecrow collection. I had no idea what I was going to do with them and then I got the idea of putting them in the hay bale since they come on those long sticks.

I love having this lighted garland because I'll keep it up even after Halloween until we are ready to put up our Christmas lights. Since it gets dark earlier with fall getting here, I love having some lights around the doorway. It makes things so cheery. By the way, I used clear 3M hangers to hang this around the doorway. I bought the pack of 18 at Michael's that hold 1/2 a pound each. They've worked great and are easy to take down when you are finished using them.

This is my new wreath I made this year. I bought all the supplies at Michaels. The Charlie Brown/Peanuts pieces are foam. The container I bought that contained these shapes had a ton of different shapes and characters. I am trying to think of more crafty things to do with them. We are huge Peanuts fans here so I'd love to use more of them to make something else. It was easy to make this wreath because I hot glued the foam pieces on. The pieces have a piece of paper you peel off to reveal a sticky back, but I knew they probably wouldn't stay on the wreath as well, so I opted to hot glue them. I'm very blessed that my mother in law didn't mind making my bow for me. She is a great bow maker and I can't make one to save my life. I thought the black gingham would tie all the pieces together.

So this is how I've decorated the front of my house for Halloween. Do you have any fun decorations up?

Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the decorations, but I especially love the Charlie Brown wreath. It just makes me happy to look at it!

Blog Archive