Monday, October 4, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

Digg!
This weekend we went in search of the most sincere pumpkin(s) we could find at a local pumpkin patch. The pumpkin patch we went to has a ton of different activities for the kids which is so much fun. They have: animals, bouncy castles, barrel rides, a corn cylinder, corn maze, and of course riding on the wagon to the pumpkin patch.

The pumpkins they had at the patch were amazing. They had the traditional pumpkins that you normally see everywhere, but they also had some really cool other varieties as well.

This little salmon colored pumpkin that Logan was trying to pick up is called a Kentucky Field Pumpkin. I thought they were so pretty so we got one of those.
Hmm, this looks like a sincere pumpkin "The Great Pumpkin" will like.

As you can see, the boys had matching Halloween shirts. We picked these up at the end of the season last year. I highly recommend doing that for holiday shirts. We've done that for the last few years. It is a great way to save money and have shirts ready to go. This is pretty early for us to go pick pumpkins, so I was glad we already had shirts. I love seeing the boys matching and they will look great when I scrapbook these pictures.
Yep, Logan liked this whopper and we did get one this big. Lord knows how I'm going to carve that thing.

Just as I was going to take this picture, my child decides that it would be a good idea to eat dirt. Only my child.

Logan was so cute clapping his hands when the wagon to take us out of the patch pulled up. He loved riding in the wagon. Thank goodness for that wagon since we got five pumpkins.

He was the entrance to the large corn maze. There were about 30 questions you had to answer to get through the maze.
Sawyer was great with trying to help us get through the maze.


Here I am getting ready to text my sister from the corn maze. To tell her we were wandering through the thing. With two tired kids. Who needed a nap. And needed to be carried out.
So that is some of our pumpkin patch adventures. I'll be sharing more pumpkin pictures this week of the beautiful pumpkins we found at the patch, as well as some of our fun fall decorations here at home.
Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

No comments:

Blog Archive