Wednesday, December 29, 2010

After Christmas Round Up

Digg!
So I'm still recovering from Christmas. My house looks like two little tornados have gone through. But I have to say that for our family this Christmas has been the best so far.  Both kids are finally old enough to play with toys and to see their little faces on Christmas morning was priceless.

Last year our family started a tradition where the grandparents and aunts showed up for brunch.  We continued that tradition this year and it has worked great for us.  This year they all showed up later which worked well because the kids actually slept in and didn't get up until 8:30.  I wanted to give you a link to a post I did last year that has all of the brunch recipes I  made.  I highly recommend them.  It was a lot of work for Christmas morning, but by making this it kept everyone filled until dinner.  Christmas Brunch Recipes

I recieved an Ipod touch for Christmas from dh and was completely floored.  I wasn't expecting it at all. To be honest, I didn't even know much about them but so far I'm loving it. I love the ability to be out and about and can get on the Internet to check something if I want.  Yesterday we went to visit my grandfather who lives 4 hours away one way.  We love visiting family, but hate the drive.  When my two year old got fussy on the last hour of the ride home, I was able to pull out the Ipod and play the Angry Birds game so he could watch.  It kept him quiet for a while and got us farther down the road.  Trying to play Angry Birds from the front seat so he could see it in the back was a challenge, but it saved my sanity from a screaming kid. LOL

I will post pix of Christmas morning (when I can find the camera).  We are now getting ready for our family New Year's Eve party. I'll hopefully be blogging more about that tomorrow.

So, what are you up to these days between Christmas and New Year's?  Do you shop the after Christmas sales?  What was your favorite Christmas present. Leave me a comment and let me know.

Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

No comments: