Friday, December 24, 2010

Gingerbread Wishes

Digg!
Today is the last post I'll be doing until next week.  We are ready to get down and celebrate Christmas with our family.  They are calling for the potential of a crazy snow storm hitting here later Christmas day, or into Sunday.  We are hoping it waits until after Christmas so it won't mess up our plans. 

Below are two pictures from the Gingerbread Jubilee since I promised to post pictures.  The Gingerbread House we made out of a large washing machine box.  We used Tyvak (stuff they wrap houses in) and spray painted it brown.  Then we used plates to make the roof and then decorate it with candy we made out of sparkly foam sheets which I cut in circles. DH took those light up candy canes and had them on the front of the house which was cool so we had them lit for pictures. If you ever need to make one of these and have any questions, please feel free to email me.  If I can save you some time with some tips, I'm happy to do so.  Everyone loved the house and the church is going to try to save it for next year.

I hope that each of you who reads my blog has a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends.  I hope that you feel the peace that one small baby born in a manager brought to this troubled earth so long ago.

Hope you are having a great Christmas in your neck of the woods!



No comments: