Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Private Selection by Kroger

Digg!
Over the holidays I had the chance to try some of the Private Selection products that are available at Kroger.  I tried some of their pizza, appetizers, and desserts.  BzzAgent sent me some coupons to try the products for free and to get my feedback on them. 

The first picture I have below shows their Margherita pizza.  The box says it serves three.  It has a variety of cheeses and if memory serves me, basil too.  It was delicious and the crust was a bit crunchy.  I would definitely eat one again.  Dh tried their chicken bbq pizza.  He felt it was a little spicy. 

These pizzas run $6.99 in the store.  I will keep my eye on them and if they run a sale, I will definitely get them again.  They are good if you want a good pizza for yourself.  But they won't feed a family of four.  They would make a great date night meal at home for two people.


On New Year's Eve I had a box of the Private Selection Miniature Cream Puffs that I served.  What you see out on the platters is how many come in a whole box.  They were a great thing to serve at the party.  They come frozen and it says to unthaw them out of the fridge for 30 minutes or for two hours ahead.  I didn't have quite 30 minutes before I pulled them out, but that ended up working out ok for the party.  By the time midnight rolled around, all of them were gone. 

So these are some new items I had a chance to try over the holidays.  I love trying new things. Have you had a chance to try any of Kroger's Private Selection items?  If so, I'd love to know what you've tried and liked.

I'm happy to finally be getting a blog post up this afternoon.  My oldest son is sick and has kept me up for the last few nights. I am one tired momma trying to clean up after Christmas and I was hoping we would be getting back into the swing of things this week. But, I guess that will be next week.

Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

Paula@SweetPea said...

I shop almost exclusively at Kroger and have been very pleased with their store brand products and with an Private Selection item I've tried. I'll have to stock up on those pizzas when they go on sale.