Friday, January 20, 2012

Pampered Chef Recipe Review Mediterranean Hummus Pizza

Digg!
Today I'm sharing my review of Pampered Chef's Mediterranean Hummus Pizza recipe from their "Quick Vegetarian Main Dishes" cook book.  I made this pizza for us last night and let me tell you that if I was giving a rating on a four pizza cutter scale, this one would get four pizza cutters from me. This pizza is delish!
If you like Mediterranean flavors that are punchy, bold, and filling then you will love this recipe.  I have to say I'm not a big fan of olives, but the kalamata olives were perfect in this recipe and the other ingredients really help balance out the flavor so it isn't over powering. So if you are someone who hasn't liked olives on your pizza in the past, still gives these a try.  Of course kalamata olives are different I'm sure from what Papa John's and other pizza places put on their pizza.

The recipe calls for using meditarrean seasoned feta cheese crumbles. I didn't find these at the store, so I purchased feta that was tomato and basil flavored.  That cheese worked wonderfully on the pizza.

I think this pizza has so much flavor that packs a great punch that you won't eat tons of it. I found it to be really filling.  I was thinking this pizza would make a great appetizer if cut into small bite pieces. I am thinking of taking it to either a MOPS night meeting, or when we bring food to my Bunco group. 
So if you are looking for something different to try, I highly recommend this recipe. Also, this is about the second or third recipe I've made and reviewed on my website from the "Quick Vegetarian Main Dishes" cookbook.  Here is a link to my previous post for the Harvest Cream Soup recipe from this cookbook.  If you know anyone having a Pampered Chef party anytime soon, take a chance to flip through the cookbook and see what you think.  Have you made this recipe or any other recipes from this cookbook? If so, I'd love to know what you think.

The highlighted words in the recipe are the products Pampered Chef sells that you can use in the recipe. I went ahead and included them so you'd know, but of course if you have your own tools you can use those as well.  If you don't own this large bar ban, you could do the same thing using a pizza stone. 


 Mediterranean Hummus Pizza

Crust
1 tbsp plus 1/2 tsp olive oil, divided
1 pkg (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza crust
1 garlic clove, pressed

Toppings
2 jars (7.5 oz) quartered marinated artichoke hearts, drained
2 medium plum tomatoes
1/4 medium red onion
1 two inch. piece seedless cucumber
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
1 container (7 oz) plain hummus
2 oz. Mediterranean seasoned feta cheese crumbles (I used a block of feta & crumbled it)

1.) Preheat oven to 425. Lightly brush Large Bar Pan with 1/2 tsp of the oil using Chef's Silicon Basting Brush. Unroll dough onto bottom of pan, gently stretching and pressing dough to cover bottom.  Combine remaining oil and garlic pressed with Garlic Press in prep bowl; brush evenly over dough. Bake 12-14 minutes or until crust is light golden brown.

2) Meanwhile, for toppings, cut artichokes crosswise into smaller pieces. Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise; scrape out seeds and dice.  Thinly slice onion. Using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v shaped blade, slice cucumber; cut slices into quarters. Coarsely chop olives using Food Chopper.

3) Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Spread hummus evenly over crust. Arrange artichokes, tomatoes, onion, cucumber and olives over hummus. Sprinkle with cheese. Cut pizza into squares.

Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

Chef Pam said...

I am going to have to try this recipe! I've never seen it before but it looks DELISH! (tired of doing the 3 cheese garden pizza!). Thank you for sharing! The pics are a big help - gives a nice visual (I'm a visual person! haha!). Great blog!

Pam
Havertown, PA
http://pams-kitchen.blogspot.com/