Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Smashbox Primer

Digg!

I don't know where the last two months have gone.  The holidays always go so fast and I thought I was going to be getting back into the swing of things and things would settle down in January, but that has not been the case. I've been fighting sinus stuff for the last week which has just dragged me down.  And when I feel icky, it is hard to blog and do a lot of other stuff I want and need to be doing.

But today I'm pluggin on and I wanted to share a product I discovered and love.  Months ago, I put an order in for some makeup on Ulta's website.  I love shopping with them because they have a rewards card program and you can get points towards salon services, or money off your order. I usually go for the money off my order. And the great thing about it is you can use it when making a purchase in the store or on their website.  So when I purchased some items through the website, they asked me if I wanted to try three samples of different products. One of them I chose was Smashbox Photo Finish primer. I had seen a segment on the Today show a while ago and a makeup artist raved about it.  So I was anxious to try it.

Well, once I tried it the sample I was hooked.  I decided that I was saving up some money and was going to put an order in on Black Friday to Ulta. And one of the things I was going to get was the Smashbox Photo Finish primer.  They ran a special on the .2 oz bottle for about $10 if I'm remembering correctly. And I think they may sell these small bottles in the travel section of the store.  When you go to see this, don't be surprised and get sticker shock. The big bottle I have pictured above is $49.  But one thing I'll say about the product is a little bit goes a long way.  After using this for over a month now, I still have a lot in the .2 oz bottle and I use it every day. 

What I like about it is that it gives your complexion a photo finished look. You put this primer on first before applying your foundation/powder.  I personally still use foundation and I use a cheap brand and it works great with it.  When the primer comes out it feels thick coming out of the tube, but don't worry it will just glide smoothly on your face.  It reminds me of a clear hair gel consistency.  I have to say it freaked me out a little bit the first time I went to use it. 

I was in the Ulta store around the holidays and a lady came in and was complaining about the foundation they had sold her.  She had a lot of wrinkles and felt that her foundation was looking clumpy.  I interjected that she needed to try the Photo Finish primer from Smashbox.  It really helps even out your face.  She had never heard of primer before and was excited.  I was talking to the Ulta consultant and she was saying that in their store they have two camps. One is pro Smashbox primer and the other is another company which I don't remember. 

After that experience in the store, I thought I'd blog today about primer in case you had never heard of it.  It really has been a great find for me. And I had never heard about it until the Today show segment.  I love learning about new things like this and since I love makeup so much, this has been a fun find.

Do you use primer and if so, which brand do you use and what do you like about it?

No comments: