Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fashion Star

Digg!
So last night was the second episode of a new tv show on NBC called Fashion Star.  It airs right after The Biggest Loser.  Have you been watching?  I have and I have to say I'm hooked.  In case you haven't watched it, the premise for the show is they have a bunch of different designers who make three different looks every week.  During the week as they are designing, the designers are being mentored by Nicole Ritchie, Jessica Simpson, and John Varvaots.  The show is being hosted by supermodel Elle Macpherson.  I think she is a fabulous host and I'm enjoying her a lot on the show. 

Once the designers have their creations ready, they have a runway show which is what you see when they air. There are three buyers from Macy's, Saks Fifth Avenue, and H&M and the three buyers can all bid on the collections.  Only one store can carry the collections.  And the buyers can get into a bidding war.  For those designers who don't get a collection purchased, they are up for elimination that night.

As soon as the show airs, you can go online and purchase the outfits that the buyers purchase, or you can go to Macys, Saks, and H&M today and purchase them.  Last night I saw one collection of dresses I really liked that was purchased by Macy's.  I want to check them out because I'm interested to see how much they are selling for through Macy's.

I'm hoping as the weeks go on they will get more versatile and make things other than dresses and wide legged pants which seems to be the trend for the last two weeks.  If you haven't been watching, it isn't too late to jump in and catch up because each week is different. Of course they will have whittled away and some contestants will already have been taken off the show. 

Are you watching Fashion Star?  I'd love to set up a chat group of some sort to discuss this show with others to see what you are thinking of the fashions and as the weeks progress, do you have a favorite designer.  If you are interested, leave me a comment and I'll let you know if I get something set up. 

Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

No comments: