Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring Decorations

Digg!
Today I thought I'd share all the little chachkies I have put in my bay window of the breakfast nook in my kitchen. My kids love it that I decorate for each holiday. I have to admit putting stuff up cheers me up and my husband seems to like it too.  It is especially nice during those long days of winter when it seems spring will never get here. Of course we had a very mild winter this year, so I can't complain.

Dollar Tree and the Target dollar spot are two of my favorite places to check for fun finds.  In the pictures below, you'll see some little plastic bunnies, chicks, and lady bugs in the pictures.  I purchased them at Dollar Tree.  They sell out usually within the first day the get them at the store, so I had to stalk my local Dollar Tree to get them.  They are solar powered and as soon as the sun is up they start dancing.  They are hilarious and everyone who has come by loves to see them.  I have a total of eight different ones in the window, so with them all bobbing along they sound like clocks ticking.  They actually make quite a bit of noise.  At the end of the day when they stop is when I realize how much noise they make.  But the sound doesn't bother me. 

The other items in the picture are my little frog planters and my chick planter.  These I found in the Target dollar spot.  They were a little kit and the frogs came with dirt and grass seeds and the chick came with dirt and flower seeds. I was skeptical about whether they would grow, but within about 3 days I had little sprouts coming up.  The grass looks so funny, like green hairs sticking up on the frog. 

I have loved seeing these shoots come up and it makes me wish my window sills were a little wider so I could do herbs.  I guess I could try tiny pots of them, but I'm sure I'd have to soon replant them.




Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

Shonda said...

You are so cute! I don't decorate anything!