Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Egg Decorating

Digg!
So we are in full swing here waiting for Easter.  This is the first year that we've had a chance to color Easter eggs where I knew the boys would be old enough to listen and I wouldn't end up with colors spilling all over the place.

After Easter last year, I found a great egg decorating kit at Walgreens that is an egg spinner.  I knew this would be perfect for us to use.  So we got it out of our Easter box and yesterday afternoon the boys and I took it out for a spin.  This was so easy to use.  You put a hard boiled egg in the machine, pour the color in, shut the top and then let the kids spin.  Color eggs on the egg so easy.  The kit came with a plastic bag that has a bunny on it. They called the bag a puppet. You use the puppet to take the colored egg out of the spinner.  I then put the eggs on a piece of newspaper to dry.  It was the easiest way I've ever colored eggs with the least amount of mess. The color easily washed out of the spinner.  I washed between colors.  But you could throw caution to the wind and see what happens with mixing colors. I think that would have been pretty too.

We also used stickers to decorate some of the eggs. My oldest son, Sawyer, decorated his eggs with Angry Birds stickers. Does anyone else see the irony in this? LOL  And my youngest is a huge Lightning McQueen fan and so he put those on his eggs.

Here are some pictures of our egg decorating adventures.









I found out that my Pampered Chef cooking rack when flipped over and covered with newspaper makes a great "holder" for keeping eggs from rolling off the table.



Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

Shonda said...

That egg spinner is neat!