Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tilapia Fish Tacos

Digg!
I don't know how we've gotten to Wednesday already.   I had intended on putting up this post last week, but obviously that didn't happen.  I'm not blogging as much as I'd like because I'm still going through sleep issues with my oldest son. We do know about melatonin and we are working with our pediatrician on the sleep issue.  Just thought I'd throw that out there because every time I've spoken to folks, they mention melatonin.  LOL  It is very slow going and needless to say I'm exhausted a lot because this has been going on for a long time.

But back to the fish tacos.  Last week I decided to try this recipe because my husband had been to a local Mexican restaurant and ordered fish tacos. He hasdecided he loves fish tacos and I need to learn how to make them.  Funny how I'm the one that is supposed to learn this dish. LOL

I found this recipes on All Recipes for Tilapia Fish Tacos.  I was a little hesitant with the recipe because the sauce for it calls for using chipotle chilis and I know they have a kick. But I forged on and made it.  I had to laugh because last week my husband started with a sinus infection and was all stopped up.  Well, when he took a tiny dip of this sauce his sinus cleared for a few minutes. LOL Yeah, this sauce has a kick. 

I have to admit we are both wimps and eat very mild food.  We were both saying how we loved the smoky flavor the chipotle chilies had, but the extra kick was a bit much for us.

The ingredients used to season the tilapia were fabulous.  They are ingredients that I have in my pantry and the cinnamon is a surprise ingredient that gives it a warm taste.  I didn't know how I was going to like having it in the recipe, but it was great.

One other thing I'll mention, I made this recipe a bit too early before my husband got home. It doesn't take long to pull together at all, so I'd recommend waiting until you are close to serving dinner to make it. My fish sat in the oil (which I think I used a tad too much because I eyeballed) and that took away from the meal. But not horribly.  We both liked it and I'll make it again. And that is saying a lot from me because I'm not a big fish person.  This recipe is a great one for going into the warm weather months where you want something kind of hearty, but not heavy.  It has a real fresh, crisp taste with the cilantro and other ingredients. 





Click here if you want to see this recipe.  Since AllRecipes has their stuff copyrighted, I wanted to be respectful and shoot you over to their blog to see the recipe.

This is my last post for this week.  I'll be back next week sharing some great details on a recent trip we took the kids on to visit Thomas the Tank Engine. 

Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

No comments: