Friday, December 14, 2007

{12 Days of Christmas}

Digg!
Ok, the first order of business is to announce the winner of yesterday's RAK of Archiver's coupons. Our winner is..... Jennifer H. who wrote: "I am totally on the nice list this year! :)"

I'd like to thank everyone who has stopped by. Please tell your friends about this blog. I hope to have something up everyday for the next 12 days to countdown until Christmas. Count down with me.

{Gift Ideas}

Now, back to the program. Today begins the countdown, it is 12 days until Christmas. I thought it might be helpful to show you two gift ideas. One is a handmade gift, the other store bought. Both might be good ideas for that one person on your list who seems to have everything.


The first is a great combo gift for a family. These beautifully packaged gifts are sold at Pier 1 or Wal Mart. This particular one came from Wal Mart. Just add a Blockbuster gift card, or a dvd and you are ready to go. The crafter in me loves that cute ribbon on the top. Wouldn't that look good on a scrapbooking layout? This containers a box of Fiddle Faddle, box of microwave popcorn, Pretzels, and a big Nestle Crunch bar. And, the popcorn container is super cute!
Gift idea #2
These are coasters made from tile from Lowe's. I love doing these coasters. Supplies you need include: Staz On Ink in your choice of colors, porous tile, and small round felt pieces to put on the bottom. The felt was found at Lowe's too. You get a ton of the small felt pieces (I want to say 75 or so, so you can make a bunch of these). The tiles I used were around 50 cents a piece.
I must give credit that I saw this idea and the step by step directions posted at SplitcoastStampers. Here is a direct link to the tutorial I used to make mine: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tilestamping.php
I made two different sets of coasters. One with a Christmas stamp, the other with something that could be used year round. I purchsed both of my stamps at Michael's crafts.

I felt I needed to post a picture of the Santa stamp so you could see the detail on it. I have learned one lesson. If I use this stamp again, I will reverse the colors and do the wording in red and the Santa in black. I think he will show up better.





Be sure to check out the blog tomorrow for day two of the 12 days count down to Christmas.















































No comments:

Blog Archive