Monday, December 17, 2007

DAY 5 Some of my favorite Christmas things....

Digg!
Today's blog entry is dedicated to showing off my sweet pup, and two Christmas movie recommendations for you.

For those of you who have not had the chance to meet her, let me introduce my sweet pup Miss Zoe. Miss Zoe is a Boston Terrier and she turned 5 this year. Her birthday is in October and she was given to me by my dh 5 years ago at Christmas. She was so tiny when she came to us and she was our first baby before ds came along last year. It wouldn't be Christmas without her. So, today's blog entry is dedicated to showing a few pictures of Miss Zoe. She is such a sweet, patient pup.

She has been the best Christmas present I ever had. When I went into preterm labor with our son, she laid in bed with me for 3 days because she knew something was wrong. Then, I ended up in the hospital for 10 days on bed rest. It killed me not to have her with me. If I had been on bed rest longer, dh was going to sneak her into the hospital. When I was released and came home, she was so joyful. She was jumping up and down, so happy to see me. She kept licking me, welcoming me home. I cried. It was the best welcome I ever received. She isn't a dog, she is a member of the family.

If you know anyone who is thinking of getting a Boston Terrier, I highly recommend them. They are very intelligent dogs, great with kids. They are a tough little breed, but fun. Some people think they are hyper. Zoe is not. She gets excited at first when people come to visit, but she calms down. No offense to other breeds, but I don't think I'd ever own another breed. And, hopefully Miss Zoe will be with us a long time.

She loves looking out the windows and she looked so cute in the candle light. I love how she looks.





Poor thing, she hated having this hat on. I only snapped one picture. She is a miserable little elf. That is a Christmas tree on top of the hat.

FAVORITE CHRISTMAS THINGS #TWO

Ok, other favorite Christmas things are two movies you must see this holiday season. Every year we watch White Christmas.

I love this movie because it is so sweet and innocent and just great entertainment. It was made during the time my grandparents grew up and knew. It features Danny Kay, Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney (George Clooney's aunt) and Vera Ellen. Vera Ellen is an awesome dancer and is just as cute as can be. She looks like a Barbie doll.

Ok, I have to tell y'all that my dh had never seen this movie a few years ago. His aunt and I convinced him and his uncle to watch. They loved it! So now dh likes watching this movie like I do every Christmas.

Ok, and now on to another one of our holiday favorites, A Christmas Story. I remember when this movie came out. I was a kid and my parents went out on a date to see it. DH and I watch this every year. Beginning on Christmas Eve, TBS runs this movie continously all night into Christmas Day. We have it on our tv and watch it over and over. The story is about a boy named Ralphie who wants a Red Ryder bb gun for Christmas. The movie unfolds showing Ralphie at school with friends, facing bullies, and his family participating in different family tradtions. It is a light hearted comedy that everyone will love. If you've never seen it, it is a must see.

Check back tomorrow for our next countdown to Christmas. Oh, and please feel free to live comments or ask questions. I love seeing them and getting feed back.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Miss Zoe looks so festive and I love White Christmas!

Blog Archive