Saturday, December 29, 2007

Post Christmas Ramblings

Digg!
Well, I'd hoped to keep the countdown to Christmas up on the blog, but unfortunately that went out the window. Between having an active little one and all of the last minute holiday preparations and traveling, it just didn't happen.

We had a great Christmas. It has gone by so fast. Thank goodness for antibiotics. My little one is better and is free of his ear infection. I'm so glad we were able to get him well before Christmas so we could all enjoy the day.

Now that Christmas is over, I am looking forward to New Year's Eve and a new year. The thought of a new year is strange since this one has gone by so fast. I am excited to think about the possibilities a new year will bring.



Just a rambling thought to throw out, but if you have a Sonic in your area, I highly recommend their cheesecake bites. A word of caution, they are really hot in the middle so be careful when you bite into them. The caramel dipping sauce they have for them is awesome.

Also, I love, love, love their cherry lime aides. They have "happy hour" from 2-4 everyday. If you're out crusing doing any after Christmas shopping and your are parched, I suggest stopping on in to the Sonic for cherry lime aide. Gotta love that happy hour discount.


We are having family over for New Year's Eve. I love putting up Happy New Year signs and what not. I just saw a cute idea on a website. Send your guests home with little goody bags of Hershey's kisses. Kisses for the New Year.


One of the recipes I'll be making for New Year's Eve was in Southern Living magazine a few years ago. One tip I have learned is to line my baking tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper. These nuggets will stick to your pan and ruin it, so it is best to have it lined.


Bacon-Chicken Nuggets
2 large Chicken breasts
8 bacon slices cut in 3rds
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 garlic clove
toothpicks

Cut chicken breasts into 24 (1 inch) cubes. Wrap each cube with bacon and secure with toothpick. Stick together orange marmalade, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger, and minced garlic in a shallow dish. Add chicken. *Note: I put all of this into a large ziploc baggy and then put it in a shallow dish. It is easier to clean up that way. Cover/seal baggy and chill in fridge 2 hours, turning occassionally. (I also do these overnight and they turn out great).

Coat a wrack and broiler pan with cooking spray. Place chicken nuggets on rack in broiler pan. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, turn and bake 10 minutes.

With this having the marmalade, I highly suggest you keep an eye on them because every oven's temperature varies and they may not need this much time, especially if your chicken cutes aren't very thick.

I hope to do some more posting in the next few days. Maybe share some recipes and other odds and ends. Toodles for now!

1 comment:

Paula@SweetPea said...

Your chicken appetizer recipe sounds really good. Have fun at your party!

Blog Archive