Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cookie Exchange and Chex Mix Turtle Box Winner

Digg!
Happy Tuesday everyone. I've taken over dh's laptop. Something has happen to my trusty laptop and dh is having to reformat it. I feel like Linus without his trusty blanket (we've watched Charlie Brown Christmas at least 12 times already).

So, first I'd like to announce the winner of the free box of Chex Mix Turtle bars. I used the Random Number Generator and this is the number it picked.

Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:2
Timestamp: 2008-12-16 14:08:47 UTC

Southern Inspirations/Suzanne is the winner of the free box. I will have another box to give away this week on Friday so be sure to check back and make a comment on that post. I am hoping to have more posts before Friday, so check back before that too. LOL

Cookie Exchange
Last night was our neighborhood cookie exchange. This has been a tradition in my neighborhood for the last 7 years and we all look forward to it. Along with exchanging cookies, we all bring an ornament to exchange. That part of the party is so fun because some folks get ruthless when it comes to stealing the ornaments. I personally never steal them because I hate when I get mine stolen. But, I do enjoy seeing the whoopla.

This year I made a cookie recipe that I've made before that I really like. It is a Southern Living recipe and is for White Chocolate Macadmia Nut Cookies. They are so yummy. And, they make a huge batch.

As you can see in the picture, I was able to find the Nestle White Chocolate Chips that are the green and red swirls. So, my cookies looked really festive. I love those chips, they are so cool.

Everyone does a great job with the cookie exchange and I always love seeing the cute containers that folks come up with for the exchange.

The way we do our exchange is that you bring 1/2 a dozen bagged cookies for each person and then you bring about a dozen on a plate that everyone gets to sample.

Check back this week for more fun holiday posts.

No comments:

Blog Archive