Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 - I think it was great...

Digg!
It is hard to believe another year has come and gone and it is time to step back and take stock of what happened here on the Chic Crafty Chick Blog.

January
I began the new year with the wonderful intentions of getting more vegetables in Sawyer so I began my Deceptively Delicious Recipe Review Series. If you go back you can see some of my video blogging at its finest. It is hard to believe how much Sawyer has changed in the last year. He definitley is more a little boy than a baby.
http://chiccraftychick.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html

February
February brought us Leap Year as well as the birth of my Fabulous Favorite Friday posts where I like to share new products and stuff that I find. I like when folks tell me about cool things, so I figured my blog would be a great place to do that.

March
My March posts had me sharing Easter pictures and reminded me that poor Sawyer got the roseola. What is it about us getting sick around holidays this year?

April
In April we took a trip to Nags Head, NC and I also blogged about earth day.

May
In May I made a major announcement that I was expecting another baby. And, I also was able to share in those posts that we were going to be blessed with another sweet little boy.

June
In June I discovered Twitter and started twittering with the rest of the world. My appetite also came back after having morning sickness and I blogged on different recipes and featured the recipes submitted to me by some of my friends.

July
July brought posts about our neighborhood 4th of July parade and Sawyer's 2nd birthday done up Curious George style. And unfortunately we unexpectedly lost dh's granny that month.

August
In August we all watched in awe and wonder and the summer Olympics and a new hero was created in Michael Phelps. In August I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes which made it hard to blog and just really stunk.

September
September was a scary month for my pregnancy because they thought I was going to go into preterm labor. So I had steroid shots and bed rest to contend with as well as insulin shots for my diabetes. It is amazing to look back now and see how God answers prayers and takes care of our needs.

October
What a busy month that was. I was still on bed rest at the beginning. We saw Sawyer transform at Halloween into a monkey. And, the best thing was Logan made his appearance on October 29th.

November
The blogging had to slow down as I've adjusted to having a new baby and crazed 2 year old. But, I did share brunch recipes as well as some Fabulous Favorite Friday picks. We also sent out a shout out to Uncle Eddie with a picture of the boys for Veteran's Day.

December
This month I've shared holiday light pictures and posted about my neighborhood's cookie exchange. And I also discovered that I had Kevin Bacon's baby with Logan's crazed hair.

When I look back on 2008, it wasn't the easiest year but it was a good year. It looks like we are going to end the year healthy, definitley not wealthy (at least not from a monitary standpoint), but hopefully wise.

I can't wait to see what wonderful things will happen in 2009 with both of my little guys and I look forward to sharing the journey of the year with y'all. I'd like to thank all of y'all who read my blog and check in. One of my resolutions is to blog more this coming year (if Logan will get into a sleeping routinue that will happen).

So, I raise a champagne flute to each of you and wish you peace of mind, financial stability, comfort and warmth for the new year. Blessings to each of you and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Happy New Year Shelly! :)

Blog Archive