Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ho, Ho, Ho Holiday Lights Tour

Digg!
Happy Holidays everyone! We have been crazy busy like I'm sure you are. It is hard to believe tomorrow is Christmas eve. Our shopping is finished and we are trying to just enjoy the time.

The Winner of the Major Award!
First, I wanted to say congratulations to the winner of the free box of Chex Turtle bars. The random generator picked poster number 1, so Paula you win! Enjoy your box.

Here are your random numbers: 1
Timestamp: 2008-12-23 21:00:38 UTC

For those of you who didn't win, I have one more box to give away and I will do it sometime in the next week. So be sure to check back and post.

Holiday Lights Commentary
I wanted to share some holiday light display pictures with you. I hope to share more in the next few days. Tonight we are headed out with some good friends and we are going to visit some primo big lights displays. I hope to get a little video of some of them too. It is so much fun because we will go to Sonic for dinner first and then we head out in our cars. Pre children we rode together and now we caravan in two cars and we use walkie talkies. We also rate the homes on a scale from 1-10. Of course the little ones don't really understand that and in years past we've gotten some ratings of 100 for some of the really great houses. LOL

Below are a few that we have seen in recent days. I thought I'd give you a little preview.

The first few pictures that are done all in white are of my house. I want to take another picture to show y'all the cool snowflakes we have strung in the trees on the side. But here are a few for now to show you.

It takes dh two days to put all this up and we seem to add a little bit more each year. I just love the horse and carriage. This is the first year we've put it out.































Here is another display that was so cute. This picture doesn't do it justice. They had water and a tropical Christmas theme. See the palm tree?








I love this one with the Santa and flying reindeer on the roof. There was a lot packed into this yard.







1 comment:

Paula@SweetPea said...

You lights look fabulous!! I'll bet that your home is the best in your neighborhood.

There's one house near us that I need to take pictures of to show you. You'd love it. They have an autistic son and he really responds to the lights, so they go all out for him.

I can't wait to try the Turtle Bars. Do I need to contact someone to get them. This is my first blog give-away win!!

Blog Archive