Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cookie Baking Weather

Digg!
Hola Internet friends. I can't believe we are already well into January. And it is starting to feel like January here. It is only supposed to get to a high of 45 and then the temps are plunging starting tonight. They say it will be 28 on Friday and 11 degrees that night. Yikes! I am thinking warm thoughts and I'm completely jealous of Gabrielle Blair over at Design Mom http://www.designmom.com/ She is vacationing in Mexico right now and the beach picture she has posted looks so yummy. I would love some sun and sand right now. Especially as my two year old demands more peanut butter and crackers and proceeds to throw them on the kitchen floor again. He will eat peanut butter for every snack and meal if I let him. And would probably chase that down with some ketchup if I'd let him. Calgon take me away.

When the temperatures get really cold outside, that always inspires me to cook. I've decided to do some more recipes from the Deceptively Delicious cook book. Today I've made carrot and squash purees, as well as baked some sweet potatoes. I'll have to let y'all know how we like the recipes I choose and resume my recipe reviews that I started here on the blog last year. With my luck Sawyer won't even try them. You've gotta love that independent streak toddlers get. Yeah right.

I think if this cold snap continues there may be some chocolate chip cookies getting baked in our future. Cold weather always makes me want to bake cookies.

I hope you are having a good week where you are and staying warm!

No comments:

Blog Archive