Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year and Happy Birthday!

Digg!
Happy Chinese New Year everyone! I love the ox that they've got on Yahoo's website. That is so cute. I think I may tell my husband I want him to pick up Chinese food on the way home. I was at Party City recently and they had cute Chinese New Year decorations. One day I'll have a CNY party. By the way, over on the Alpha Mom website they have a cute Chinese Lanter project you can do. http://www.alphamom.com/holiday/2009/01/celebrate_chinese_new_year_wit_1.php

I'm also excited CHA has started this week. Lots of cool new scrapbooking things to check out. And Making Memories is celebrating on their blog. Good stuff. http://www.makingmemories.typepad.com/



If you read the title of my post, it says Happy Birthday. And that is because my sweet little niece, Harper was born Saturday evening. Here I am holding the little princess.

Unfortunately my sister had to have an emergency c-section, but everything turned out great and she and baby Harper are doing well.

Harper weighed 6 pounds 13 ounces. She beat her cousin Logan by 2 ounces, but she was 18 inches long and he was 20 and 1/2 inches long when he was born. She feels so light compared to holding him now that he is 12 pounds. I can't wait to get them together and take a picture of them side by side on a blanket. It is hard to believe Logan will be 3 months old on Thursday. Time is flying by!

It is so neat seeing so much pink and head bands and bling. I got to visit with them for a long time yesterday. It was fun seeing my sister pull out a hair brush to brush Harper's hair and putting a head band on her. It is like a little Barbie come to life. We loved playing dress up with them when we were little.

So welcome to the world sweet Harper. Aunt Shelly can't wait to bake cookies and play Barbies with you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the link love.

Rebecca said...

Oh what a sweet picture of little Harper. I love that name for a little girl. It reminds me of Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird.

Blog Archive