Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Don't mess with my coupons!

Digg!
Hey everyone. It is another sunny Tuesday here, but unfortunately it is too cold to go outside. I feel like a prisoner marking X's on the wall, counting down the days until spring. I'm ready for shorts and sunshine.

So, here is my latest thing. Sunday morning I skipped on out (well, not really skipped) but I went out to get the paper out in the driveway. We've been getting the Sunday paper for a while because dh likes to look at the ads and I like clipping out the coupons. We take the paper and go out to breakfast and I'm all psyched up to look at the coupons. Well lo and behold, there were no coupons in the paper this week. Not a one. I was shocked because there is usually a little something. I called the paper and checked to see if perhaps they'd been left out and they confirmed there were none this week. I think I'm in coupon withdrawal. But the guy did say there should be some in this coming Sunday's paper.

It has been fun clipping coupons and seeing how much money I'm saving. I don't have a ton of time to do the expert systems that some folks do, but it has been helpful. I'm also trying to visit a number of websites that give great money saving tips. One of the latest that I've discovered (thanks to my cousin) is Money Saving Money. She has some great info. and I'd suggest you check her out. She posts about great deals you can take advantage of with coupons, but also free samples available out there. Who doesn't love getting a free sample in the mail? http://www.moneysavingmom.com/

So, that is what is going on around here today. If you've got some great money websites you'd like to share, I'd love to hear about them. In these tough economic times, we can all use a little help.

2 comments:

audrey neal said...

there are some great coupon sites out there on the internet too -- easy to find!

Bridenstine Family said...

What a smart cousin you must have! ;)