Friday, April 10, 2009

Fabulous Favorite Friday

Digg!
Happy Good Friday everyone. It is hard to believe it is Good Friday. I have had a really rough week. My little Logan is still not on schedule for sleeping. We are getting up multiple times in the night. All momma wants for Easter is sleep. I don't function well without sleep.

I thought today for my Fabulous Favorite Friday picks I'd share some ideas I've come up with for Easter baskets. It can be so hard to shop for kids when they are 5 months and two. I especially it is hard to shop for boys. So, here are a few ideas.

For a two year old....

Bubbles. The weather is getting warm and bubbles make a great activity. Of course these are great for old kids too.

Books. I went to our local Christina book store and they had a great selection of books for Easter. And I loved the ones they had geared towards the toddler age group.

Mr. Potato Head Easter bunny. Sawyer is not getting this because we already have the original one, but these are really cheap at Target and Wal Mart. They are great for helping them with their fine motor coordination. Plus, they are funny and cute looking like a bunny.

Kites. They had cute little kites for a dollar in the Easter seasonal section of Wal Mart. We are going on a beach trip soon, so I thought this might be fun to put in the basket.

Filling Easter eggs...

I'm going to do an Easter egg hunt in the yard for Sawyer and it has been hard to come up with things for him. We don't do candy, so I can't use that for filling the eggs. But, I have come up with three other ideas. He loves Goldfish so I'll put some of those in some of the eggs. For the other eggs I'm going to put little plastic animals. They have packs of them in the dollar spot at Target. The third thing I'm going to put in the eggs are Curious George stickers. Those came from the Target dollar spot too. Sawyer LOVES George, so those are great.

For a 5 month old...

Logan is getting a book from the Christian book store that is about spring. It has flowers for him to touch and has flaps we can lift to look at different things. I really like this little book.

He is also teething, so I got him a teether toy to put in his basket.

Since we will be starting solid foods soon, I got a box of Pampers Disposable Bibs. I know they will come in handy for when we go out and will fit nicely in the diaper bag.

The final thing I bought for Logan is a baby swimming pool. It is a real small one that will be perfect for when we go to the beach. They are $5 at Wal Mart. I suggest if you want one, buy it now. In our area, the first sign of hot weather means all the baby pools sell out. I learned my lesson and so I thought it would make a great thing to tuck in his Easter basket.

So, those are the Easter goodies we will be having around our house. I'd love to hear what you are planning on doing.

I hope you and your family have a blessed Easter.

No comments:

Blog Archive