Sunday, April 5, 2009

Winners and a Wrongful Termination Commentary

Digg!
Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone is having a great day. I am so wiped out. For the last week, my little guy has been getting up at 3 and 6 a.m. I guess we are going through a growth spurt. I really want to go back to sleeping through the night.

On another note, I'm so excited to announce the three winners of the Yoplait Prize packs. You ladies are going to love these. Using the random generator, here are the winners....

Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:4 1 3
Timestamp: 2009-04-06 13:42:44 UTC



So Christina, Kate, and Norma Kennedy are the winners. Yay ladies!! I just need to get your contact information so I can pass it on to the sponsor. You are going to love this prize pack and have such fun with your families with all of these goodies. I can't wait for us to use these fun toys this summer and the yogurt is awesome too!


And now for some tv commentary...

Today I'm blogging about the Celebrity Apprentice. I don't know if anyone is watching, but I have to say I was so disappointed with the outcome. I've been a watcher of the Apprentice since it started. I know a lot of folks don't watch it anymore, but it is kind of like watching a train wreck. You just can't look away. If you didn't see last nights episode, you may want to wait to read this post.


Prior to this season's Apprentice, I had only briefly heard of the Kardashian family. I know they have a reality show, but I've never seen it. Khloe Kardashian has been a contestant this season. She has openly admitted on the Apprentice and in interviews that she got a DUI months ago and has taken responsibility for her actions. During the tast week, she had to miss some of the task due to having to attend a class in Los Angeles due to the DUI.

During last nights board room, Donald Trump brings up the fact that she got a DUI and came down on her very hard. He stated that somehow it was never brought to his attention by his staff and that if it had she would never have been on the show. He then proceeded to berate this girl and was very judgemental and condescending. After giving her an earful, he fired her.

Ok, I definitley don't think that getting a DUI is right. There is no defense of that. But to use that as the reason to fire her was crap. This occured before she even started filming the show. And, he admitted that his staff drop the ball and didn't tell him about this prior to filming of the show. As "project manager" of this show, "The Donald" really dropped the ball on this and should be called out on it.

It is curious that he is supposedly good friends with Dennis Rodman, let him on the show for a few weeks and then last week the guy's team called Dennis out in the board room for his drinking problem. What is up Donald? Why is it ok for Dennis Rodman to show up drunk for this show for a few weeks, yet Khloe is going to a court mandated class, appears to be sober and remorseful and you give her grief? Boy if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is. As someone who has had their own personal indiscretions and been in the spotlight, I find it laughable that this man sits as the moral authority over others.

Yes, I know this is a reality tv show, things are done for ratings. But, I do feel for this girl and certainly hope she is able to learn from this experience. I also hope that Dennis Rodman is able to make a turn around and gets the help he so desperately needs. I hate to see folks hurting and in trouble. Even on tv. So, that is my two cents on last night's Apprentice. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Blog Archive