Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Roasted Sweet Peppers

Digg!
Recently my Bunco group started back up. We take a break during the summer.  This year we decided to change things up and do it pot luck.  During that time, I was doing the gluten free diet because I was waiting to get confirmation on whether I had gluten sensitivity.  I'm happy to say I don't have it.  But the recipe I made is great whether you are doing gluten free or not.

Right now in the grocery section you can find small plastic containers of sweet peppers.  I personally don't like spicy peppers, so if you are in that category don't worry these are sweet and not hot/spicy. As you can see from my picture below they come in beautiful red, orange, and yellow colors.  I bought two packs of these peppers and hollowed out the seeds.  Then I had a log of goat cheese and stuffed the peppers with the goat cheese.  I brushed each pepper with olive oil along with the baking sheet and then put them in a 350 oven. I turned them when they started to get dark (I'd guess about 20 minutes into roasting). 

These are such a great appetizer and easy to make.  They were a huge hit.  I love all the colors and how it brightens up a table and your plate.  Have you ever made these peppers, or do you have a great appetizer recipe you'd like to share? I'd love to hear.



Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

Chicken Recipes said...

Gratefful for sharing this