Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Don't feel much like blogging

Digg!
I don't feel like blogging, but thought I should go ahead and do an update. One blessing I have is that yesterday I made it to 23 weeks with this pregnancy and so far, knock on wood, things are going well. I think we will feel a lot better when we get through the next two weeks.

In some sad news and the reason I didn't feel like blogging is, dh's grandmother passed away yesterday. She went in the hospital last Tuesday and unfortunatley got a massive infection and they weren't able to save her. We all knew the end was near on Sunday and it has been so hard waiting. I am glad she is not suffering now. The family is making arrangements now, so we will have a funeral to attend later this week.

I am so sad that this little baby inside me won't get to meet his great grandmother. I'm glad Sawyer had the opportunity. She loved seeing him and enjoyed him so much. At least she got a chance to know about this second little guy that is on the way. So, I am glad for that.

I have a recipe for coconut pie that I made a number of times and his granny loved. I'll try to post it later this week.

I didn't want this post to be all sad, so I did see something interesting to share. I was laying down yesterday watching the Food Network and caught an episode of Tyler's Ultimate. I mostly didn't like the things he was making on that episode, but there was one recipe that sounded interesting. He made a Watermelon Gazpacho which sounded interesting for me. If you've never heard of or had a Gazpacho, it is a cold soup. I personally wouldn't use the serrano chile peppers because I don't like spicy stuff, or if I did I'd make sure to take out the seeds and ribs. Those are supposed to be the spiciest part of the pepper.

So, if any of y'all decide to make this let me know how it turns out.

Watermelon Gazpacho (from the Foodnetwork show Tyler's Ultimate)

1 large tomato, pureed 1/2 serrano chile 2 cups cubed fresh watermelon 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons minced red onion 1/2 cucumber, seeded and minced 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill, plus more for garnish Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

In a blender, puree the tomatoes, chile, and 1/2 of the watermelon. Pour in the red wine vinegar and olive oil and pulse. Add the onion, cucumber and dill and season with salt and pepper. Puree until smooth. Pour into chilled bowls and sprinkle with dill, feta, and remaining watermelon. Serve.

I hope things are going well in your part of the world and I'll try to post some more later this week.

1 comment:

Stacey Michaud said...

Sorry for your loss! My prayers are with you & your family!

Blog Archive