Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's Thursday

Digg!
Well, as you can see I haven't felt much like blogging in the last fews days. Between the heat and being just plain busy, there hasn't been time. The good news is that we are now at 24 weeks in my pregnancy and so far so good. I had a check up yesterday with the ob. This is about the time I had problems before, so I'm glad that things are calm.

I wanted to post a recipe I found on the Internet this week that I made for dinner on Tuesday. Even though it is hot, I was looking for something different and easy to make this week and I decided to make a Quiche Lorraine. The great thing about this is that my son has not wanted to try eggs. Every time I've given them to him he has spit them out. I completely understand because I hate scrambled, poached, sunny side up, etc. eggs. But, something about quiche is comforting and just doesn't scream eggs. He loved this quiche and kept asking for more. So, we will definitley be having this again.

I was thinking that closer to the time the baby is due, I will make this to freeze since that is listed as an option in the recipe.

I am going to try to have a Fabulous Favorite Friday post tomorrow. I hope y'all are having a great week!

Quiche Lorraine
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups grated natural swiss cheese
4 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup finely chopped cooked ham
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
Directions
1
Combine the cheese and flour and sprinkle into the pie shell.
2
Spread the ham evenly over this.
3
Combine the eggs, milk, salt and mustard.
4
Beat until smooth and pour evenly over the cheese and ham.
5
Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the custard is set.
6
Serve warm, garnished with chopped parsley.
7
To freeze: Prepare recipe through step 4. Wrap well with saran wrap and then foil. Freeze.
8
To serve: Thaw in fridge overnight. Bake as directed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i love quiche lorraine! sounds so perfect with a summer salad!

Linda Beeson said...

YUM! Now I'm hungry!

Norma Kennedy said...

Yummy... Thanks for sharing and may give this a stab in the morning !

Hugs, Norma

Blog Archive