Thursday, July 3, 2008

Featured Guest Recipe #4

Digg!
Wow, we are already to Thursday. This week is flying by. I'm so glad since we have such fun things planned for Friday and Saturday. I'd love to get some comments back to hear how you plan on spending your 4th of July. Do you have any fun 4th of July traditions in your area? Are you a fireworks fanatic? LOL

Today's featured guest recipe is from my friend Suzanne. This is a recipe she made up. You've gotta love a crafty cook! I am a huge cheeseball fan, so I can't wait to give this a try. She said the title of it is Betty's cheese ball because one of her friends always calls her Betty Crocker. So, if you are still searching for something quick and easy to take to a picinic this weekend, give this a try.

Betty's Cheese Ball

8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. finely shredded Cheddar cheese
3 T. chopped bacon ( I use the bottled kind of bacon pieces)
1/4 c. grated onion
8 oz. can of crushed pineapple, drained well
1/3 c. ground or finely chopped pecans

8 dried apricot and 1/4 c. dried cranberries: In bowl, pour 3 or 4 T. amaretto over this and microwave for 30 to 45 seconds.

Mix all ingredients and shape into 2 cheese balls. Roll in additional chopped pecans. Serve with assorted crackers.

3 comments:

doris sander said...

wow. this looks amazing! :D

Beaufort Belle said...

And definitely adding this one to my file. This sounds like my kind of cheese ball!

Val said...

the recipes sound good!!!

Blog Archive