Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Featured Guest Recipe #3

Digg!
Happy Wednesday everyone! It is hard to believe that we are one day closer to the 4th of July. I love the 4th of July. The red, white, and blue decorations. Fireworks. I LOVE firewoorks! Although I think this year we will probably be skipping the fireworks. Between me being pregnant, heat, and our little guy turning 2 the next day, I think we will all have to get some rest.

I've already pulled out my decorations for the 4th. A few years ago I found some great patriotic ribbon and had bows made which I put out on my front porch. I've also got a cute patriotic door bucket on the front door that I just stuck fireworks in and some crazy sparkley garland. And of course we have flags out. I really want some buntings for the front porch, but I haven't bought any. I do have a really cool flag garland that goes across the front of the house that I bought at Lowe's a few years ago. We like to be festive here. If I get a chance, I'll post some pix of my deocrations.

Today's recipe is from my friend Lorrie. Her momma used to make it when she was growing up and she said it was always a hit at potlucks and family gatherings. So, if you are looking for something to take to a picinic tomorrow, then hopefully this will fit the bill for you.

Cornbread Salad

pkg. Mexican cornbread mix
1 pkg. Jiffy corn bread mix
3 boiled eggs, chopped
3 chopped green onions
1 chopped green bell pepper
1 small jar pimentos
6 oz. grated cheddar cheese
1 can whole kernel corn with juice
1 cup Miracle Whip

Cook corn bread mixes (separate pans) and cool. Crumble in bowl. Add next 6 ingredients. Mix together and then add 1 cup of Miracle Whip. (This is enough Miracle Whip. – You really don’t need more.) This is best made the night before and refrigerated over night so that the flavors blend more.

Have a great day and be sure to check back tomorrow!

1 comment:

Beaufort Belle said...

Will definitely try this out! Thanks for the postings this week, and thanks for featuring my blog as well!

Love, Jenn

Blog Archive