Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Monday Everyone!

Digg!
Wow, it is hard to believe that we have made it throught the 4th of July weekend and that it is Monday already. Saturday we had family over for Sawyer's 2nd birthday. We had a great time and thank goodness the rain held off so everyone was able to go outside for a little bit. We did a Curious George theme. I'll try to post some pictures later this week.

I wanted to give everyone a heads up about a new product I tried and hated. Softsoap has a new Grapefruit scented antibacterial soap. It was on sale so I figured I'd give it a try. We HATE this scent! DH said it smells like body odor! I did try the watermelon scent and that one is much better. So, a word to the wise and steer clear of the Grapefruit Softsoap. Since I'm always telling y'all about great things I find, I figured it was my duty to pass on about yucky products too. LOL

Here is a recipe that one of my friends, Christina sent me. Since everyone is probably burned out on hotdogs and hamburgers and other picinic food from the weekend, I thought this sounded like a nice change. What a great way to sneak those veggies into your family.

Broccoli & Cheese Casserole
Ingredients:
10 oz chopped broccoli
1 regular size can cream of mushroom soup
2 eggs
1 cup mayo
2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese

Cook broccoli in microwave dish for 5 min
Combine cream of mushroom soup and mayo
Mix in the 2 eggs
Mix in broccoli
Last mix in cheese

Bake in a casserole dish 350 degrees for 45 min

Serving for 4-5 people depending on portion size

Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Creative Junkie said...

I am usually one that will eat anything if it's got cheese on it, but I just can't do broccoli :(

Thanks for the heads up about the grapefruit scent ... that is actually one that I would have considered trying, so I'm glad to get a review from someone who has actually tried it!

Blog Archive