Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Fashion Show

Digg!
I've been watching Bravo's show The Fashion Show that comes on Thursday nights. I can't always catch it at the time it comes on, so I have set our dvr to record it to make sure I don't miss it. If you have been a fan of Project Runway then you might be interested in this show. Isaac Mizrahi and Kelly Rowland (I think she was part of that group Destiny's Child) are the host and hostess of the show. I love hearing their banter and they make a good team for commenting on the contestants designs.

I have loved watching the episodes and seeing the different challenges the contestants are given. One week they had to design a whole outfit based on inspiration they got from a pair of shoes. As a shoe lover, that one was especially awesome to watch the designers get to go through incredible shoes to find just the right pair. They said they had five minutes to go through about 200 pairs of shoes. Can you even imagine? Sounds like shoe heaven.

I have such respect for the talent these folks have. Not only do they have to make patterns and be able to sew, but they also have to have talent to sketch their designs. The level of detail and creativity they each possess is inspiring. I can't wait to see future episodes and which designer wins. They each have unique perspectives.

So, if you are looking for an interesting show to follow this summer I would recommend checking out this one. Start watching now so you can perfect your catwalk strut. I'm sure your family would love to see that at the 4th of July BBQ. LOL

No comments: