Monday, June 22, 2009

Mocktail Monday - Tea Punch

Digg!
Monday, Monday. How did we get to Monday already? I'm working on day three of no sleep. We were at my mom's over the weekend and I got no sleep and then Logan decided to wake up and scream for an hour at two a.m. last night. So, I'm wiped out. I've decided that after today I'm taking a hiatus/vacation from blogging this week and I'll pick back up next Monday, June 29th. I wanted to make sure I finished out my Mocktail Monday series for the month of June. It is hard to believe next week is the last week of the month.

I'm so annoyed because somewhere I've got a great Tea Punch recipe and I couldn't put my hands on it to save my life. I know it is a Southern Living recipe. I decide to do a search and I found this one, so I thought I'd share this one today. It sounds yummy and is similar to the one I had. So, I hope this will be something you can enjoy this week.

Tea Punch
3 c Tea; strong
1 c Lemon juice
4 c Orange juice
2 c Raspberry syrup; or grenadin
1 c Pineapple, crushed
Sugar; to taste 2 qt Club soda; chilled
Combine all ingredients except club soda in a punch bowl with a large block of clear ice; allow to chill thoroughly. (If fresh fruit juices are used, they should be strained.) Add club soda just before serving.

I'd love to get some feedback to know if any of y'all have tried any of my Mocktail Monday mixtures. I'll check back in next Monday. I'm looking forward to some fun in the sun. I certainly need it.

No comments: