Monday, July 12, 2010

Toyota

Digg!
We are a Toyota family. If you’ve been a follower of my blog for a while, I posted about my excitement when we purchased our Toyota Highlander back at the end of 2008.

After buying that car, I swore off VW and went back to my beloved Toyota. I’d had a Toyota Tercel prior to getting the Jetta and knew I’d be buying Toyota again because I’d had such a positive experience with that car. Also, DH has had numerous Toyota's and has had good luck with them.

One of the most basic reasons we’ve liked having Toyota’s has been the good gas mileage. With the shock we all went through a few year ago with the gas gouging our pocketbooks have experienced, we have always felt it was important to take good gas mileage into consideration when purchasing a vehicle. So that has put Toyota at the top of the list for us.

Another draw for us to purchase a Toyota was a negative experience we experienced with my VW Jetta. DH is a handy guy and can easily change the oil in our Toyota Corolla. But when it came to the Jetta, he had to buy a special tool in order to get the oil cap off, and then it required taking a crazy panel off the bottom of the car, which made it a nightmare to change the oil. My husband wasn’t real fond of that “German engineering” VW brags about.

We have been blessed that we have only had to do the usual routine maintenance on our 2003 Corolla. Reliability has been a consideration for us when purchasing a vehicle. We tend to keep cars for a while, so Toyota vehicles have fit the bill. DH and I have owned used Toyota’s, as well as brand new Toyotas and we have found them to be great, reliable cars.

I’d love to get some comment love today and hear your thoughts on Toyota. Do you own a Toyota, or have you owned a Toyota? Please leave me a comment letting me know your positive Toyota experiences.

I hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

I'm participating in a Toyota/TwitterMoms campaign, which inspired this post. My opinions, thoughts and feelings are my own. When I found out about the campaign, I was excited to participate because owning Toyota’s has been a part of my family’s life. Occasionally I blog about different products and I’ll only blog about things that I like, and feel that I can support and recommend in good conscious. As a TwitterMom, I'm eligible for a courtesy gift of $50.

No comments:

Blog Archive