Friday, September 26, 2008

Fabulous Favorite Friday

Digg!


Hey everyone. I had intended on doing this post much earlier, but even though I'm still on bed rest I'm still feeling very, very tired today. So, I've been resting like the doctor has ordered.

We are marching along towards Tuesday when I will be 34 weeks, a huge milestone. I am taking things day by day and week by week. If I thought about how many more weeks I may be on bed rest, it would drive me crazy. So, I just look at it day by day. We are grateful that things have worked out so that I've been able to keep Little Logan in this long and hopefully longer.



Ok, I thought it might be fun to post about things that haven nothing to do with each other, but have been on my mind lately. I think with knowing fall is here I know that apples will be in season. And, with having this gestational diabetes I can't eat apple pie and good stuff, but can't wait until I can.

Ironically, I got an email this week from Betty Crocker's website that had apple recipes. I went to their website and saw this one. It looks so yummy and I thought I would share. I like the thought of this one especially for my friends who work that you could make this one night after work and it wouldn't take too much time, but would be a semi-home made dessert.

If any of y'all give this a try, be sure to come back and post a comment or shoot me an email. I'd love to feature your review as a feature post.

Southern Apple Crisp
Filling:
3 large apples, peeled, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup cold butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
Topping:
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® oatmeal cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1.Heat oven to 300°F. Spray bottom and sides of 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, toss filling ingredients. Spread mixture in baking dish.
2.In same large bowl, stir cookie mix and melted butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
3.Bake 40 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with pecans. Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 325°F.


My second Fabulous Favorite Friday pick is this scrapbooking tool called the Crop O Dile Big Bite made by a company called We R Memory Keepers.

This tool is great because it will let you punch holes in the middle of a piece of paper. I like to scrap on 12x12 size paper and like to make holes in the middle sometimes.


This tool also lets you work with embellishments called brads. It will set them on the page for you. This tool looks really complicated, but once you see it used in action it is pretty simple. I went and did a search on You Tube so that if you wanted to see this used in action, you'd have a video to check out. Here is one I found that has a lovely British lady who narrates it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV3iedtncGY

I've had the opportunity to try this out using it to punch holes in the middle of a piece of paper and I've loved it so far. I bought mine (pre bed rest) and was able to use a coupon to get it at Michael's for 1/2 off. So, it was $20. I know this is something I will use a lot. I can't wait to work on something with brads. As you'll see in the video, it tells you in the packaging which settings to use for brads. And if you don't know what a brad is, they'll show you that in the video too. :)

In the video they mention the original Crop O Dile. I have that tool also, but I didn't like that it had a very limited reach. I like how I can do more with this tool.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll try to do more posting next week, provided this little guy stays put.

No comments: