Friday, February 17, 2012

Sales papers at your fingertips

Digg!
This has been a super busy week for me.  Every week is busy when you have kids, but this one has been especially jammed packed. But today I wanted to share a new discovery that has been a great one for me.

A few days ago dh and I were talking about upcoming sales because we've been in the market to get a new tv.  He was floored that there were no good sales during the week leading up to the Super Bowl.  There was even a news story on NBC about how the stores weren't running good tv sales this year.  They said most of the sales would probably occur now because they will be wanting tt get rid of the old models to make way for the new ones coming in. 

So dh made the comment the other night, "Wouldn't it be great if there was a way to get all of your sales ads all together?"  And I said, "There's an App for that".  And sure enough when I went to the Apple store there were at least two apps available. I picked one that was free and I've been using it on and off for the last few days. 

I really like the app so far and I would recommend downloading it. I just looked at it and it says the name is Weekly Ads & Sales. When I open the app it immediately starts pulling up ads for stores around me.  It has a search feature so if there is a store nearby that isn't coming up you can do a search for it and it will bring up the ad. It also appears that sometimes a store can have multiple ads up. An example of this was they had ads for Macy's that were from different weeks. 

Another interesting thing the app will let you do is share it on Facebook. I gave it a try this morning and it worked.  If you see a great sale and want to share it with a friend, I can see this being a very useful feature.

I think the app is a handy and convenient way to check on sales and it is very user friendly.  So if you are wanting to comparison shop and if you have a smart phone or ipod touch, I'd recommend downloading this one and giving it a try.

So, are you planning on shopping any President's Day sales? What are you shopping for these days?

We are off to see the circus, so I will hopefully have some good pictures to blog about our experience.

Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

No comments: