Friday, February 10, 2012

The Trench Trend

Digg!
I have to admit that I love the segments on morning shows and talk shows where they show you fashion trends and how to incorporate them into your wardrobe.

One of my favorite trends has been the trench coat.  At first I didn't pay much attention to them because I'm 5' 1" and well for us short girls a long coat doesn't always work.  But then I started seeing them in different lengths, cuts, and colors.   

My birthday is at the end of November and I received a gift card to Charming Charlies.  During my shopping trip there, I found a black trench that hits between my hip and knee.  I have found this a great length for me.  The coat has a suede look to it which I wasn't sure if I would like, but it really looks good and goes with so many different outfits. 

Today I wanted to share a cute trench I saw when I was at a mall on Monday. They had it in the window for New York and Co and it really popped.  The pink is actually a bit brighter than it shows up in this picture. I have to say I love this feminine girly look.  I've always been a girly girl, but I think now especially that I have boys I love finding things for my wardrobe that are pretty. 

Last week a new blog I discovered, College Prep discussed her thoughts on trench coats.  I left her a message on her blog about this pink coat. Because if you visit her blog you'll see she loves everything pink and green and cute and preppy. 

So what are your thoughts on the trench coat? Do you have one? Do you love or hate this trend? Hey, I realize it isn't for everyone.

Hope you are having a great day in your neck of the woods!

No comments: