Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Digg!
Today is not only Memorial Day, but my mom's birthday. So, we will be celebrating with her at a family picinic. And, it is my friend Paula's birthday. Happy Birthday Paula!

When I was younger, I never paid much attention to Memorial Day. But, especially since 911 my perspective has really changed on Memorial Day. It isn't just another holiday off. I think back to both of my grandfather's and how they both served our country in a number of wars. And, my brother in law is now in the National Guard serving. I'm so grateful to the members of my family and the important role they've played in protecting our freedoms. And, I remember those who are currently serving over seas and I'm grateful to them and the sacrifices they are making along with their families.

So, have a blessed Memorial Day. I hope you are enjoying it with your family and I hope you'll take time to remember the importance of this holiday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great post. I totally agree with you. Thanks for sharing and have a blessed Memorial Day

Blog Archive