Monday, May 12, 2008

When life hands you lemons...

Digg!
Make lemon muffins! A friend of mine shared this recipe a few weeks ago and I had a chance to make them. They were pretty easy and taste great. I really love that lemony taste and the lemon rind on top makes them look so pretty.

I hope you all are having a great Monday. Unfortunately, it has been chilly and rainy here the last few days. I'm ready for 70 degree weather and sunshine.

Be sure to check in this week. There will definitley be more posts and surprise this week.

Lemon Muffins--makes 2.5 dozen minis
1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. baking powder
3/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 T. grated lemon rind ( I didn't have any, so I left it out)
3/4 c. sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 (8 oz.) container lemon yogurt ( I only had strawberry, so I used that!)
6 T. butter or margarine, melted
1 T. fresh lemon juice ( I used bottled juice)
Glaze: 1/4 c. sugar, 1/3 c. fresh lemon juice, 2 t. grated lemon rind (still didn't have any!) Cook all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until sugar dissolves.

Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
Stir together egg and next three ingredients until blended.
Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spoon into lightly greased mini muffin pans, filling 3/4 full.
Bake at 400* for 10 to 12 mintues or until lightly browned. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Prepare glaze. Spoon glaze over warm muffins. Remove from pans, and cool completely.
Note: to make ahead, place unglazed baked muffins in ziploc bags, and freeze up to one month. Thaw; reheat if desired

1 comment:

Suz said...

These sound great! I'm a "lemon head".... I love to try anything lemony

TFS

Blog Archive