Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Creepy Crafts

Digg!

I thought I'd show y'all a picture of the Halloween flip flops I made last year. I've been wearing them out since we haven't had a bad cold snap yet and I have gotten lots of compliments on them. I bought a craft book at Michael's last year that had this idea in them. They sold these cute pumpkin flops last year, but I haven't seen them this year. If you can still find black or even orange flip flops you could make a pair.
I purchased the Martha Stewart multi ribbon pack that Michael's sold last year (I think they had it this year) and I'm trying to remember but I think I cut each piece of ribbon may an inch or inch and a half. I'd recommend taking your first piece of ribbon and tying it around one of the straps and then cutting it and then using that first one as a template to keep all the others the same length. Since this ribbon pack came with about 3 or 4 different ribbons, it is nice to alternate them so you have a really full look. The orange squares with black dots are chipboard buttons by Making Memories and were scrapbooking supplies I thought might add a little more. I just sewed them on to the ribbon near the part where the straps come together.
So, if you live in an area where it hasn't gotten cold or you are a big flip flop fan, I'd highly recommend making these.
This morning is a big morning for us. I'm headed off to the ob's office to have the stitch taken out of my cervix. Then if I don't go into labor, they will induce me tomorrow (Wednesday morning). So, our new baby boy will be here on Wednesday. I will definitley be posting an update and pictures as soon as I can. Barring any issues we should be able to be home in time for Halloween. Please say a prayer for us. With everything we've been through we are excited and nervous.

No comments:

Blog Archive