Tuesday, October 21, 2008

We've fired up the lights

Digg!
Happy Tuesday everyone! Well, I have reached that magical mark of 37 weeks. I am so excited. My ob didn't think I'd make it this far, so we feel so blessed. Such an answer to many prayers. We will actually have a full term baby. Such a long journey.

Tonight when dh came home he got out our Halloween decoration box and strung some pumpkin lights on the rails of our front porch. We also have these circle kind of lights that hang in two of our windows. One is a witch and the other a black cat. I bought these at the Dollar General a few years ago. This is the first Halloween that our little boy has paid any attention to this kind of thing, so it was neat to see him looking at the lights once everything was turned on.

I have to say I love seeing lights for winter holidays. Yes, we are becoming the Griswold's, especially at Christmas. We especially LOVE seeing Christmas lights and drive around many nights. I think the reason I like them so much is that with it getting dark earlier and earlier, seeing lights at my house and at others is so cheerful. It is nice to see that cheery glow in the distance.

So, do you put up Halloween lights? If so, what kind do you have?

1 comment:

Marie Starr said...

Oh how fun! Enjoy your decorations!

Marie

Blog Archive